Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Since learning the list of artists lined up to participate in the "Now You See It, Now You Don't" show at the Flat Iron Building, I've discovered a couple artists that are new-to-me who are doing some really wild stuff.

Laura Etheredge does these intricate and oddly-comforting pen and ink drawings that appeal to the 80s teeny-bopper in me. These are doodled notebooks taken to the psychotic extreme, and I really like them.

She loves robots, typeface, dragons, old fashioned telephones and much more. Please check them out at her website.

Bill Eaton's paintings are so weird to me, they are awesome. Give this guy some neon pink and a blank wall and watch out!







I think that last one is my favorite.

Finally, here's a glimpse of Keelan McMorrow, a pretty sophisticated painter. I can really appreciate his nod to Austrian artist Egon Schiele.



Please visit his website to view his more recent work, which use shadow-box like compositions to suggest the Surrealist tableau of Joseph Cornell.

And do stop by the Flat Iron Building on February 5th for a one-night-only show featuring these artists and many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment